Wedding Do's and Don'ts by ren .....
some pointers for brides
Date: 4/27/2006 6:53:55 PM ( 17 y ago)
What you are about to read are things to do and not to do at your wedding. Some of the information comes from professional etiquette guides and other information comes from what we've learned through the years. So if you want to pull this day off the PROPER way keep reading. If you don't fancy etiquette rules, FB has given you a few suggestions.
If you don't want children at your wedding, you have 2 options:
* When addressing your invitations, leave the children's names off it and also don't mention them in the invitation.
* Have friends and family pass the word around that you don't want children there.
FB Says: How many people know or understand etiquette. In some cases you have to cut straight to the chase and say what you mean. We suggest adding one of these phrases to the bottom of your reply card:
* Adult Reception
* We hope that the (# of) of you will be able to join us
* (# of) seats have been reserved in your names
Other invitation stuff:
* If someone hasn't responded to your invitation, 1 week past the "Reply by" date, call him or her and confirm over the phone.
* Children over the age of 16 get their own invitations. (FB thinks 18 is sufficient)
* Your officiant and their better half get an invitation
* Send your parents and wedding party invitations, as a keepsake. They don't have to reply.
* You have to put return postage on your RSVP's.
* It is considered rude to put "cash only gifts", or other wording meaning the same thing on the invitation.
* You're not supposed to put registry information on your wedding invitation. It's left up to friends and family to inform everyone. However, you can put gift information on an insert in your bridal shower invitations. FB Says: If you have a personal wedding website with info for bridal party and guests (and gift registry info), you can include an insert with the link to your website in your wedding invitation.
* You're not required to open your gifts at the reception or in front of anyone.
Popularity: message viewed 3132 times
<< Return to the standard message view
Page generated on: 1/27/2023 9:35:49 PM in Dallas, Texas