Quick Easy Chicken Peppers Recipe (4 Ingredients)
A recent concoction of mine.
Date: 9/27/2006 2:21:48 PM ( 17 y ) ... viewed 2764 times
Here's a recipe I recently invented. It's quick, it's easy, it tastes great, and it's reasonably healthy.
-1 large poblano or red bell pepper (preferably organic)
-Cooked chicken (1 medium serving)
Can be leftover chicken, one of those rotisserie chickens, a chicken breast you
cook separately, any kind of cooked chicken will do. Preferably organic.
-Cholula hot sauce
Or you can use the Barefoot Herbalist's Spice 4 Life
-Sour cream or Quark (preferably organic)
1. Start an inch of water boiling on the stove.
2. Wash pepper, then cut in half. Remove stem and seeds.
3. Put pepper in a steamer, fill each half with chicken.
4. Steam until pepper is tender and chicken is warmed through. (5 minutes?)
5. Put peppers on a plate. Pour some cholula on the chicken meat, to taste. Approx. 1 tsp - 1 TBL per half (use less if you are sensitive to spicy food).
6. Top with sour cream or quark, to taste. (1 tsp-2TBL per half).
7. Eat and enjoy!
I said that this serves one, this is a modest serving. One person with a good appetite can eat double this recipe (I have done both depending on how hungry I am).
This could be the entire meal, or an entree and you could serve a side dish or a salad.
Recipe can be multiplied times the number of people eating (probably a good idea to add an extra 1 or 2 for the group).
This recipe would be suitable for:
Nourishing Traditions type eating
South Beach diet
Anyone who isn't vegetarian.
This is still pretty tasty without the dairy, if you don't eat dairy.
Then it's only 3 ingredients!
Add This Entry To Your CureZone Favorites!Print this page
Email this page