really concerned about my hair loss! This has been my theme for the
past month or so. I'm still focusing on protein as the problem, and I
am finding that it really isn't as easy to add protein to my diet as I
thought it would be. Here are my challenges so far:
- I don't like the taste of the KAL brewer's yeast, so I find it hard to eat
- Nuts and seeds are high in fat
- Tofu and soybeans are "bad for you"
- Cheese (raw or otherwise) is high in fat
is a great source of whole protein, but with 6 oz of romaine in a green
smoothie, I'd have to drink 5 smoothies just to get 11 grams of protein.
- Hemp and Ezekiel are expensive loaves of bread!
while there is no doubt I can get protein on a raw diet, it's
surprisingly hard for me to consistently get ENOUGH in a way that is
both practical and enjoyable. If it weren't for the hair thing, I'd say
I was doing perfectly well on raw, because I feel fine, sleep very
well, have enough energy to get me through the day, don't have
cravings, etc. I really feel healthy, and of course I've lost almost 60
lbs now. But hair loss means something
is going on. Guess I'll have to find time for that blood test ASAP.