The Biggest story of 2013?
Runaway global warming is likely when methane begins to be released due to warmer temperatures
Date: 1/6/2014 1:35:29 AM ( 8 y ) ... viewed 6505 times
The Biggest story of 2013:
Huge methane releases from the seafloor of the Arctic Ocean
This diagram [below, or follow link] by the Arctic Methane Emergency Group (AMEG) shows that in the Arctic, three problems are compounding one another:
* emissions causing global warming,
* sea ice loss causing accelerated warming, and
* methane releases further accelerate Arctic warming.
Diagram of Doom - Feedback systems in the Arctic
Original source for the diagram
The greatest danger resulting from this scenario is that it could trigger runaway global warming.
Runaway Global Warming
* Runaway global warming is likely when methane begins to be released due to warmer temperatures.
* Has not been addressed properly by any of the official agencies.
* Our leaders and decision-makers MAY NOT BE AWARE of this scenario or the very real possibility of runaway global warming occurring - can you let them know, please?
* Runaway global warming has the potential to greatly increase the speed and intensity of global warming, and once it begins, if it begins, reducing greenhouse gas emissions will not stop it - it will be TOO LATE to start reducing human greenhouse gas emissions.
Temperatures could climb quickly under those conditions. Ice will melt at a torrid pace, resulting in inland flooding. Ocean rise will occur so fast that there will be little time to retreat from the coastlines in an orderly fashion.
We could all be forced to congregate at some high point of land, but there will be "no room upon the hill, and I'll see you on the dark side of the Moon".
These dark forbodings are not an unrealistic possibility anymore.
* Unbelievably, greenhouse gas emissions are STILL INCREASING globally. Not only that, but they are increasing at a faster rate that ever before.
* How far do our leaders intend to allow this increasingly urgent situation to continue before those emissions are at least stabilized?
* What does it mean that this threat is growing and that our leaders are doing nothing to stop it?
* Could it be that they intend to allow a climate disaster to happen, and that we are passively sitting here awaiting our own demise?
Draw a line in the sand - decide at what point you will see our leaders as our enemy.
Add This Entry To Your CureZone Favorites!Print this page
Email this page